Babies clothes: How do you choose the appropriate clothing for young children?
babies clothes can a baby wear thick clothes in spring? After the uk had a temperature of 16 degrees outside it seemed wonderful at last and no cold rain. But what would a baby wear outside does he really need a thick snowsuit on or a thinner coat now that the weather seems to be getting warmer ? today we discuss baby wear in a little more detail.
The arrival of a new baby is a great event that requires a number of preparations to receive the expected guest, so the mother, especially if she is a mother for the first time, begins preparing her child’s room as soon as she knows the sex of the infant. Next the most important and beloved step for everyone is buying the appropriate babies clothes for her newborn child.
For the first time mother who was never around babies as a teenager, the issue of choosing babies clothes is a situation that makes her confused because she does not know how to act and where to start choosing. Almost all mothers when approaching the birth of her newborn, especially the first child, and when she goes shopping for these clothes, is surprised by the amount of options, types and shapes.
And the different colors of children’s clothes that seem to be endless. so they fall into confusion and do not know how to act. She can try to consult her mother, friends or sisters who have gone through this experience before her, and here we will try to explain the reason for this confusion and set some criteria that help the mother in choosing babies clothes for her child..
what sizes do babies clothes come in ?
babies clothes come in these sizing’s in the United kingdom. NB newborn, 0-3m up to 3 months old. 3-6m 3months to 6 months. some shops have them saying 6-9 months too or 6-12 months 12-18m and 18-23 or 24 months.. then it changes to 1-2y 2-3y 3-4y 4-5y 5-6y 6-7y 7-8 9-10years. premature babies clothes are different. some say prem some tiny baby, others say early baby some preemie, some say premature but fit one size. Totally confusing.
Yet at cheekychumsonline site each outfit is often accompanied by measurement shoulder to heal the birthweight its for and also they do from 16 weeks pregnant -26 weeks too for the most micro of tiny babies. amazing range widest in uk huge choices lots handmade a site dedicated just for premature babies. one to bookmark for future reference.
Parents are advised, when preparing to receive their newborn, to buy babies clothes that fit the size of a newborn child only because it grows and changes size quickly, and among the most important clothes for newborns that must be provided are the following:
- Four to six Rompers, long-sleeved and short-sleeved.
- Six pieces of flexible baby pajamas, preferably one piece with zipper.
- Two pairs of gloves to prevent the child from scratching himself when moving his hands.
- Six pairs of socks to pair with sleepsuits and other clothing.
- Six everyday comfortable items for children to wear when leaving the house.
- Two cotton caps to protect the baby’s head and ears.
- At least two items of coats or woolen jackets, depending on weather conditions.
first babies clothes for the maternity unit
After giving birth, we usually spend 3 to 5 days in the maternity ward. It is important to prepare a full pack in advance so that you do not miss anything during these first days with your baby and be as comfortable as possible.
Here is a list of babies clothes and accessories to pack for your little one during the stay in the maternity ward (to be taken in size 0 to 1 month or premature 3-5lb or tiny baby 5-8lb for weight 5lb 6lb 7lb if you deliver early. The average birth weight of a baby is 7.5lbs at birth. If you bought newborn size these are usually fitting a child weighing 10-12lb.
- six easy-to-put on bodysuits (which do not slip over the head but open at the front
- one baby grow a day (think of regurgitation or vomiting which will be frequent!)
- a couple cotton hats essential to keep baby warm
- 2 to 3 pairs of cotton socks
- Once back home, you will need to have a few outfits in size 1 and 3 months available: bodysuits, onesies, rompers, some hats, socks, vests, sleepsuits , dressy outfits when you receive family and loved ones (who are all going to want a little photo with the newborn baby). if you have a girl cute headbands are all the range now.
Remember to adapt your baby’s outfits to the climate and the season, avoiding to cover him too much. Indeed, a baby that is too covered will quickly dehydrate.
Advice during changing babies clothes for newborns
Among the advice that parents should follow when changing their newborn child’s clothes are the following:
- Avoid using babies clothes that wrap around the child’s neck, or that contain laces or any kind of free strings.
- Make sure that buttons, ribbons, and decorations on the clothes will not choke the child if they fall off the piece of clothing.
- Make the clothes fit the child when dressing them up; Like working on opening zippers and buttons, and extending the neck area in order to easily insert the head through it.
- Putting the child on the floor or the changing table for children when changing their clothes.
Advice when buying clothes for newborns
Among the tips that can be followed when buying clothes for newborns are the following:
- Buy clothes that are appropriate for the weight of the child and not his age; Most brands specify the sizes of clothes in different ways from each other, and the method of relating weight to size is the best.
- Choose washable babies clothes. Clothes made of 100% cotton are best for children’s use because they are comfortable, durable, and easy to clean.
- Choose clothes with loose-fitting sleeves and wide collars.
There is so much to do while preparing for the arrival of a new baby, and shopping for all of the essentials mentioned above is one of the most important things. From this list, we have clarified all the newborn baby essentials that will be needed to keep your baby healthy, comfortable and happy. You can store essentials from the baby menu right before or when the newborn arrives!
How to choose your baby’s clothes in the winter
Children need specific babies clothes in the winter season due to the cold weather and the possibility of catching colds and influenza. Poor choice of winter clothes for children makes them vulnerable to colds, as the quality and number of those clothes control the rise and fall of the body temperature.
and some mothers – and parents also – believe that the large number Clothes provide more protection for the child and protect him from the cold, a misconception because the large number of clothes makes the child unable to move, making him always cry, and therefore the focus must be on the quality of children’s clothes that are chosen for the child in winter so that they provide him with comfort and warmth at the same time, and the child can also be dressed.
Two pieces of thick clothes in addition to underwear to feel warm, and his underwear must be made of cotton, when leaving the house, a cover must be placed on the child’s head to warm him up, but a suitable cover must be chosen for him so that he does not feel tight, and the and wool socks can be used.
How to choose your babies clothes in the summer
The mother should choose wide and light baby clothes for her children in the summer, and should stay away from rough fabrics and choose cotton clothes in order to protect the child from excessive sweating that leads to his rash, and the use of skin care products and powder that clog the pores of the skin should also be minimized. Research has confirmed that the child’s tight and heavy clothes in the summer lead to a rash, and the mother must also take into account that young children lose heat faster than adults, so light clothes of varying degrees should be chosen, such as cotton coats and T-shirts with sleeves to suit different temperatures.
How to choose the babies clothes for special occasions
For holidays and events, a special elegance where everyone works to look attractively, as well as the mother works to choose the best clothes for her child on occasions and holidays, especially if the child is the focus of that occasion such as his birthday, the mother must choose elegant and comfortable clothes with cheerful colors in order for the child to appear Attractive, and the mother must respect the child’s desire to wear a specific costume that he loves, especially if it is in line with the occasion and does not impose a specific dress on him.
babes clothes selection rules
There are a set of rules that parents must follow while buying children’s clothes, where parents must make sure that these children’s clothes do not contain any excess seams by seeing the clothes from the inside and looking well, as these seams are invisible and may scratch the child.
It is also necessary to stay away from narrow children’s clothes tied at the neck and arms, as it makes the child feel tight and also causes sensitivity to the skin, and the mother should stay away from rough clothes that contain metal springs that may harm the child, look at the type of fabric that these clothes are made of and buy the fabrics that It does not cause any sensitivity to the child’s skin, and it is recommended that everyone buy cotton clothes because its texture is soft on the child’s skin.
Elegance and fashion: The child should not look alien to his peers and wear clothes that do not suit his age or age, so while preserving other physical and quality standards, children’s clothes must be elegant and imitate common fashion.
Child’s gender: In addition to the multiple factors that make children’s tastes different among themselves in terms of the clothes they want to wear, there is also the sex factor or standard, so what suits males is different from what fits females in terms of colors, shapes and drawings.
Giving newborn clothes to parents for the arrival of their little one is a great idea! Baby clothes are one of the essential and a popular birth gifts.
Choose natural materials such as cotton and linen, which are non-allergic and gentle on the skin. During the first weeks of life, baby will wear comfortable clothes: pajamas, bodysuits and onesies. Parents will have already planned some outfits for the birth, and a baby grows so fast (he takes 10 to 30 grams per day!).
It is therefore advisable to offer clothes size 3 to 6 months, to ensure that he has time to wear them. Unless you see the parents before the birth, for a baby shower for example, you can offer a birth kit usually with a body, hat, socks, a blanket…!
A few final tips
- At birth, a baby is fragile and needs maximum comfort. It will therefore be necessary to choose clothes that are easy to put on (which open at the front, behind or at the crotch), comfortable (bodysuits, onesies, pajamas) and in soft and natural materials (cotton, linen).
- you should not buy too many outfits for the first months, because you will have to change the wardrobe of your little one very often during his — first months and the first year of his life. I bought a lot of size 0, 1 and 3 month clothes because they were too cute but they stayed in the closet because the baby grew so fast!
- Also avoid clothes that make wrinkles as much as possible because, the baby that does not move a lot, and this can irritate him and mark his skin. In this sense, the bodysuit is the ideal outfit, you can stock up on bodysuits.
- If you want to offer newborn clothes, prefer to choose a size above and a piece suitable for the following season.
There you have it, you know everything about how to dress baby from head to toe during the first weeks to allow him to discover life in the greatest comfort!